Monday, November 29, 2010

Wean Cubes

So today is going to be a little different.  We all had a pretty hectic weekend and a lot of us didn't end up having to pack a lunch for today for one reason or another, and so I am doing a post without a bento!!!  (shock).  But I promise you all that we will be back with wonderful lunch ideas for you tomorrow!

Today I wanted to do a review on a wonderful little product called the Wean Cube.

Now, I found the Wean Cube because Stacy, my good friend and fellow Goodbyn Girl, posted a lovely link on facebook a while back to their facebook page, and I  instantly fell in love.  Anyone who knows me will know that I am a sucker when it comes to almost any healthy alternative for the environment, my family, and my wallet.  And that is why I initally fell in love with the Wean Cubes.  And then they turned out to be even more awesome than I imagined!

We are often asked what we do about food in our Goodbyn that needs to be reheated.  We all have different methods (some of us have kids who prefer cold/room temperature food, but that doesn't work with DH!  lol) and my solution was a glass container that I have that fits perfectly into one of the main sections of my Goodbyn that I can fill with whatever DH needs to reheat so that he can simply pull it out, reheat it, and we are both happy.

Cue the Wean Cubes:

Originally made as glass baby food containers, the Wean Cubes are the perfect size to fit inside a Goodbyn.  They're great for anything from ranch dressing (for dipping carrots, or for putting on a salad at lunch - avoiding the dreaded soggy salad; and frees up a section in your Goodbyn for more delicious goodies) treats, a small helping of mashed potatoes or soup - if you can dream it up - you can probably fit it in the Wean Cube.  Or, if worse comes to worse - you could always use it to store homemade baby food!  (I am a homemade baby food freak!  I love making it!  I will be honest - this might be one of the biggest excitements I have about the new baby coming!  lol).  Or just to keep cheerios from spilling all over the inside of your purse.
The Wean Cubes are made of durable glass with a silicone sealed lid.  The lid also has wonderful Smart Clips that lock the lid on and keep food where it is supposed to be.  The cubes are 100% BPA, PVC, Phthalates, and Plasticizer free.  They also stand up to extreme hot and cold temperatures!  They can go from your counter, to the fridge, to the freezer, to the microwave, and then right into the dishwasher!  Could it get any easier?  There are measuring lines right on the container that help those Goodbynners who are monitoring their food intake for one reason or another and come in 4 beautiful colors.  They hold up to 4 fluid ounces and come in packs of 4.

These are a great alternative to the plastic baggies you might use in addition to your bento.  The Wean Cubes definitely get two thumbs up from this member of the lunch bunch for being environmentally responsible, kid safe, durable, and budget friendly! 

For more information, please click on the photo above, or visit their website here.  Their blog is also incredible with all sorts of tips and recipes on it!  Definitely worth checking out.

Expect the Wean Cubes to be making an appearance in our lunches soon.  And stay tuned over the next few months... you never know when another great giveaway could appear.

And don't forget - tomorrow, Tuesday 30th of November is your LAST CHANCE to enter our giveaway for a free Goodbyn of your very own.  If you haven't entered be sure to do so ASAP!  Trust me, you wouldn't want to give up your chance at winning one of these awesome bento lunch boxes!!!  Check out the info here.

Happy lunching.

Nena 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the outstanding write up on Wean Cubes!! We are using them in lunch boxes too and I am so incredibly thrilled to hear that they fit in a Goodbyn!!!!

    ~Melissa
    Wean Green Mama

    ReplyDelete