Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Quinoa, Zucchini, and Carrots... Oh My!

So it has come to my attention, and I am sure I am not the only one who has noticed this, that us here at the Goodbyn Girls seem to LOVE meatballs.  One of the reasons they are a favorite in my house is because they are one of those handy little foods that happen to be a great hiding place for healthy little bits and bites - and my suddenly picky toddler is none the wiser.  The meatballs featured in my lunch today hide such delectable items such as Quinoa, Zucchini, and Carrots... oh my!  (Check out the recipe on my blog here)


Going along with the green lunch theme, Everything in my lunch is either organic, locally sourced, or both!  Talk about going the extra mile!  I have some delicious mini carrots and cucumbers, gingersnap cookies (don't worry all, I didn't actually send 3 cookies with my DH to work - it just looked better that way for the photo!  lol.  Come on, I can't spoil him THAT much!)  A lovely spinach salad with sundried tomatoes and bean sprouts, and a homemade cranberry and almond popcorn mix.

My husband takes a giant thermos of water to work, so I rarely have to send a drink besides that, which always leaves me a bit of extra space.  I like this meal because it is healthy and fun.  The popcorn mix helps satiate those with a sweet tooth (which may just keep them away from the vending machine longer), while providing them with the nutrients of cranberries and the protein of almonds.  While pairing some healthy, fibre-rich salad with a tangy homemade dressing gives a little added interest.

Thanks for stopping by everybody.  And remember to check out our March contest.  The folks over at Goodbyn are giving us one of their awesome new Byntos to give to one lucky reader!

Thinking outside of the box,

No comments:

Post a Comment